Google is constantly voted among the top companies to work for. Perhaps unsurprisingly, given their recent troubles, Yahoo! doesn’t get a look in.
As the tech world speculates over why Marissa Meyer is leaving Google for Yahoo, we compare the culture of the two companies, based on the ViewsOnYou
profiles of their employees.
The top 5 traits of Yahoo!
1. Extremely ambitious
2. Highly intuitive
3. Curious, open to new ideas
4. Level-headed, can be detached
5. Strategic thinker
The top 5 traits of Google
1. Free form
2. Persistent, tenacious, never stops
4. Creative in ideas
Some interesting comparisons between the two companies:
- Google employees are more ambitious than Yahoo employees
- Yahoo employees are more highly principled than Google employees
- Google employees are more open to new ideas than Yahoo employees
- Yahoo employees are more leisurely, relaxed than Google employees
View the full company profiles on ViewsOnYou
, and see how YOU fit the culture of these and many more top companies.
is a professional 360 review site, allowing individuals to create a profile of their soft-skills based on peer reviews. We aggregate user profiles to build a picture of the culture of leading companies.